Permatex Rearview Mirror Adhesive Reviews – Top Product Review of 2021
The rearview mirror is the most underappreciated part of the car, we think. It is the most vulnerable and one of the first things to break off in the event of an accident. And, we only understand its value when we have to drive without it!
Rearview mirrors help us drive safely by making us aware of the incoming traffic. Plus, it is illegal to drive without rearview mirrors in many states. So, for safety and to abide by the law, we must always ensure that the mirror is in perfect condition. The Permatex rearview mirror adhesive helps us with just that. But, is it really as good as it is portrayed? We shall find out through our detailed review.
Permatex Rearview Mirror Adhesive Reviews
The features of Permatex rearview mirror adhesive
- It works to mount the rearview mirror onto the windshield.
- You can see the handling strength within seconds.
- Once you apply the adhesive, it takes merely 15 minutes for the adhesive to do its magic. However, it would be ideal to give the adhesive a few hours (3-4 hours minimum) to set.
- It is a single-use only adhesive.
- It is ODC-free.
- It creates a permanent bond. So, we advise you to be careful during application. Take all the safety measures and be sure that you apply it correctly.
- Remember that this adhesive works only on metal buttons. You cannot use it for plastic buttons. Many users find this to be a downside, but since it is explicitly mentioned, we don’t think we can count it against Permatex.
- It has a no-drip activator that promises mess-free application.
- Remember to clean the rearview mirror and the windshield before application. Dirt, grime, and old glue may loosen the bond.
- The kit consists of all the necessary items you need, but we would urge you to go through the instructions to see if you need anything else. Chances of success are significantly higher when you go by the directions given instead of winging the application process.
- It does not work on plastic.
- Some users have complained that it is not a permanent bond and the mirror falls off within a few days.
- It may be pricey.
The final verdict for the Prematex rear view mirror adhesive kit
We think Permatex is indeed one of the best adhesives in 2021. It works as promised. The only catch is that we must follow the instructions given. Most people who have spoken of its failure have not done this. Also, if you have any doubts, you can speak to the sellers directly and then make a purchase.
We personally, love Permatex, and are positive you will too!