Car rides are awesome on their own but when you team them up with a set of excellent subwoofers, the experience is indescribable! In fact, many car owners take extremely special care to ensure that their car has the best SQ subwoofer. It is very important to them.
And, if you are in the same league, you have come to the right place. In our article, we will explore the best SQ car audio subwoofers on the market today. After going through our list, you will just have to compare and buy your favorite. Let’s get started then.
Best SQ subwoofer
1. Alpine Type R 12-inch Subwoofer
The Alpine subwoofer is one of the most popular subwoofers among buyers as well as Amazon’s Choice. The 12-inch subwoofer promises a maximum output of 2250 watts and a whole range of features that we shall discuss here:
- Its power ranges from 500 to 750 W.
- It has a very cool parabolic cone structure that comes with a dust cap and a Kevlar cone.
- The subwoofer provides HAMR or high amplitude multi-roll surrounds.
- The internal volume is around 0.55 to 1.0 feet^3.
- It is loud and clear with a resonance frequency of 27 Hz.
- Zero distortion
- Fairly priced
- None reported
2. Morel Ultimo SQ Subwoofer
Here’s another subwoofer that we really like. It has a power handling capacity of 1000 W that makes it quite attractive. Moreover, it has a few specific features that we know you will love. Let’s take a look at them:
- The transient power here is 10 ms 300 W.
- It has a sensitivity of 1 M 87.5 dB.
- The mounting depth of this subwoofer is 5.27 inches.
- You can buy it in a single voice coil configuration.
- It has been designed to deliver great quality sound and music in closed spaces, making it the perfect subwoofer for your car.
- The subwoofer comes with a DMM motor design that promises 90% efficiency and PFS spider technology.
- Stable operation
- Minimum distortion
- Slightly expensive
3. American Bass SQ – 65CBX
If you are looking for an affordable subwoofer for your car, this is the one to go for. American Bass is known for its mid-range products that satisfy most users. Here’s a closer look:
- Its power handling peak is 300 watts.
- It has a black paper cone foam that promises surround sound.
- The subwoofer also has a Kapton voice coil that can tolerate high temperatures.
- Its frequency response is 100-8 and sensitivity is 93 dB.
- The product comes with a grill.
- It measures 5 to 6.5 inches.
- Highly affordable
- Takes a while to get loud
4. Morel Ultimo SQ/SPL Subwoofer – 1000 W
This particular model from Morel is also quite famous because of its features and specifications. Users have noted that it indeed works excellently. We have enlisted a few highlights for you here:
- The transient power is 10 ms 3000 W.
- Its sensitivity is 1 M 88 dB or 2.83 Vrms.
- The subwoofer has a mounting depth of 5.53 inches, which is quite good.
- It has been engineered to give a superior bass performance.
- The sound pressure is available in both SPL and SQ applications, making it quite functional and flexible.
- Just like its other model, the Morel Ultimo 1000 W subwoofer has a DMM motor design.
- Promises at least 90% efficiency
- Maximum linearity
- Negligible distortion
- Can feel expensive
5. American Bass – SQ DB
We shall end our list with another model from American Bass, which is affordable and trustworthy. We recommend that you purchase it for the following reasons:
- The maximum output power of the speakers is 300 W.
- It has a very strong motor design.
- Its dust cap is super-slim and highly functional.
- The ultra-thick stamped basket enhances performance.
- Its frequency response is 300 Hz to 10 KHz while its mounting depth is 61 mm.
- The voice coil is of high temperature and 8 Ohm resistance.
- Highly affordable
- Delivers as promised
- Not powerful enough for large cars
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We receive multiple questions about subwoofers. We decided to answer the most popular ones here to round this article off.
1) How to install a subwoofer
Installation of an SPL or SQ subwoofer is mostly straight-forward but a lot depends on the type of subwoofer you have. There are enclosed ones and bare ones. The process varies for each but if you follow the instruction manual, you will find it easy. There are quite a few videos on YouTube that will help you as well.
2) What are passive and active subwoofers?
Active subwoofers come with an in-built amplifier. Passive ones need an external amplifier. They only have a subwoofer drive.
3) What are the different sizes of subwoofers?
In the market, you will find sizes from 8 to 21 inches. The large ones are for commercial use. For car audio, 10 and 12-inch subwoofers are the ideal ones. Please remember that these are the outer measurements.
Also, the size of the subwoofer doesn’t play much of a role in the output. The power matters more.
4) How do subwoofers work?
Subwoofers are usually electromagnetic. They have a voice coil attached to the back of the cone. The coil moves when it receives current and creates waves.
We hope our article helped you and enriched your knowledge about subwoofers. We had a lot of fun writing it. If you have any questions, please write to us.