SCAG mowers are known to be among the best for commercial purposes. They are available for residential reasons as well but we suggest that you buy one only if you need superior performance. These mowers are popular for 2 main reasons – quality and performance. Their build is also premium and they last very long.
Now, if you have a SCAG mower that’s a few years old and is not performing as well as it used to, it might be time to change its blades. Luckily, they are easily available and can be replaced in a jiffy. You can also choose new blades if you are looking for an upgrade. Our article is dedicated in its entirety to this.
Best SCAG Mower Blades
We have hand-picked some of the top SCAG mower blades after much research and discretion. Let’s go through each of their features.
1. SCAG Genuine OEM Cutter Mower Blades
Of course, we shall start with an Amazon’s Choice product! This set of 3 blades is the perfect OEM replacement for 61-inch deck SCAG mowers. More details are as follows:
- Its length is 21 inches.
- It has a thickness of 0.203 inches and a center hole of 5/8 inches.
- The blade’s width, on the other hand, is 2 ½ inches.
- It is an exact replacement for SCAG Turf Tiger.
- The blades will cut the grass evenly and stably. You won’t find problems with balance when you use them.
2. Mulching Lawn Mower Blades
This set of 6 blades has been designed for SCAG Cheetah, Wildcat, and Turf Tiger. If your model has a 61-inch deck, these blades are for you. Here’s why:
- They have a length of 21 inches and a width of 2.5 inches.
- Their thickness is 0.203 inches.
- The center hole measures 5/8 inches just like the original SCAG mower blades.
- The blades are easy to install and use. They cut the grass perfectly and are suitable for mulching.
- The quality is quite high. In fact, they won’t feel like replacement blades.
3. Oregan Mower Blades Replacement for SCAG
The Oregan Mower Replacement Blades come with multiple good reviews and happy users. They are a set of 12 that we recommend due to the following reasons:
- With specifications exactly the same as OE blades, these are easy to replace and use.
- They fit multiple different models of SCAG right from Turf Tiger to Wildcat. The only thing you should make sure of is to check the size.
- The blades have a 1-inch airlift.
- The specifications are: 18-inch length, 2.50-inch width, 0.203-inch thickness, and 5/8-inch center hole.
- They work well even for hard cutting.
- You can use them regularly and cut 15-20 acres of grass every week.
4. USA Mower Blade for Ferris and SCAG
If you just want a pack of 3 blades for your SCAG mower, this set will suffice. It meets all OEM specifications and comes with the following features:
- It is a versatile set of blades that is compatible with multiple models. Make sure you check the model number before purchase.
- They are fairly priced and replace OE blades well.
- Their thickness is 0.203 inches and their length is 18 inches.
- They have an airlift of 1 inch.
- The blades cut well and help you get even cuts throughout the garden.
5. Mulching Lawn Mower Blades
These blades are for those who have a SCAG Cheetah, Wildcat, or Turf Tiger. However, we still insist that you check the model number before purchase. Below are a few interesting features:
- They are longer than standard blades at 21 inches. So, if your SCAG mower accommodates this length, please go ahead with it.
- They hold up well even with extensive cutting and provide good mulch.
- The blades are extremely sharp and cut quickly, helping you save a lot of time.
- With these blades you don’t have to worry about uneven cuts or ripped grass.
- They are reasonably priced.
People Also Ask
Now, let’s answer a few commonly asked questions so that most doubts about mower blades are resolved.
1.) What Angle Are SCAG Blades?
They are angled at 30 degrees.
2.) What Is The Best Angle For Mower Blades?
Anywhere from 30 to 45 degrees is good.
3.) Do new SCAG Blades Need To Be Sharpened Before Use?
This depends on which blades you purchase. A few come pre-sharpened while the others don’t.
4.) How Sharp Should Mower Blades Be?
They should be extremely sharp – a little less sharp than razors.
5.) Do You Sharpen Both Sides Of A Mower Blade?
No, you only sharpen one side.
6.) Can You Sharpen Mower Blades With A Grinder?
Yes, you can use an angle grinder.
Here we are! We have walked you through some of the greatest options that the online market is currently offering. We hope you loved what you saw and are ready to purchase! We would love to hear which product you zeroed in on and why. Don’t forget to tell us in the comments section.