Without a rear view mirror, drivers are blindsided. It is one of the most crucial items to have in the car. It is available in every single car, positioned accurately to help you see what’s behind your car. This comes in handy in traffic situations and while parking.
Now, let’s talk about the smartphone. With the advent of technology, our phones went from being purely functional to smart. They help us every step of the way, enabling us to be safe and sound. Apps that help us navigate and find locations see incredible usage across the world and many of us refuse to start the car without opening the app and entering the destinations. All’s well until here.
The problem arises when you have no place to put the phone. Holding it or putting it on your lap is a distraction. Depending on your fellow rider to give you directions is also quite uncomfortable. The only efficient solution is to buy a phone mount.
Innovators researched this thought and came up with a brilliant idea to combine both these items and give you one excellent phone mount for the rear view mirror. This idea saves space and positions the phone correctly and conveniently.
Best Rear View Mirror Phone Mount
Let’s venture into the market and see what it has in store for us in this category. We are sure you are aware that this is quite a popular product. So, there will be an array of choices waiting to be picked. We went ahead and shortlisted a few for you. Take a look!
1. Cellet Vehicle Rear View Mirror Phone Holder
The Cellet phone holder can be mounted on the windshield and the dashboard, depending on what you prefer. It comes with some extraordinary features that have made it wildly popular. Below are a few of them:
- The mount comes with a lock knob that keeps the phone in place while allowing a movement of 270 degrees.
- It is a compact holder that’s also lightweight and slim. It hangs gently from the rear view mirror without interfering with other slots such as the cup holder and the dashboard.
- The device is fairly easy to install because it comes with arm clips that are extendable.
- It also has padded mirror clips for added protection.
- The grip is also very strong thanks to the soft rubber padded cradle.
- While driving, the phone will stay in place in this holder. You can use it during long drives and road trips without any qualms.
2. Kokuji Car Rear View Mirror Mobile Phone Stand
The Kokuji phone stand for the rear view mirror comes with universal compatibility, which means that most of the popular phones will fit the stand without problems. Below are a few highlights:
- It allows 360-degree rotation for the best viewing angle based on your comfort.
- You can also position the phone horizontally or vertically.
- The phone stand comes with an automatic clamp arm that’s easily adjustable. You can install it in a jiffy without running into difficulties.
- The design of the stand is such that it allows easy charging and viewing. It also will not block other compartments of your car.
- It has a total of 4 adjustable buckles that you can use to make sure that your phone fits snugly.
3. Dash Cam Mount Holder – Mirror Mount
This mirror mount for mobile phones takes adjustability to a whole new level. It is one of our favorite mounts for the following reasons:
- The holder comes with 10 different joints, making it suitable for more than 99% of the phones out there. It is also suitable for dash cams and action cameras.
- Installation and removal are a piece of cake because it does not require any tools.
- It allows 360-degree rotation, allowing you to place the phone just how you want it.
- The mount comes with a swivel ball adapter head that gives you incredible flexibility.
- It has a silicone rubber pad that’s anti-shake and anti-slip.
4. SCOSCHE MAGRVMB Magic Mount Rear View Mirror Mount Holder
This phone holder is a bestseller in its category presently. It is easy to use and affordable, and has so many good features that we are positive you will like it. Keep reading for details:
- It keeps the phone securely in place and does not cause any distractions.
- The mount is 360-degree adjustable and magnetic to keep the device in place.
- The 4-axis holder has an upgraded lock-nut.
- The design is quite convenient thanks to the cable clips on the holder that allow you to keep the charging cable in place.
- This is a cradle-free mount that provides easy access to all parts of the phone.
5. MAOBLOG Car Phone Holder Rear View Mirror Phone Mount
The last product on our list is also a great product and many users vouch for it. Let’s get into the details to find out why:
- The phone holder has universal compatibility and a free combination design.
- It comes with 4 mount shapes, a ventilation clip, a magnet, a mobile phone clip, and a car rear view mirror clip.
- The holder requires no tools for mounting and is very easy to install. It has no clamps or cradles.
- Since you can rotate it 360 degrees, you can choose from portrait and landscape modes on your phone. Both ways, it will be secure.
- There are various ways to install this mount, giving you incredible flexibility.
People also ask
1) Are car phone mounts illegal?
No, they are not. Windshield and dashboard mounts, both are legal in most states.
2) Are magnetic mounts bad for your phone?
No, they are not.
3) Can you talk on speaker phone while driving?
It is very dangerous to talk on speaker phone while driving. In fact, it is illegal in many states.
4) What states are phone mounts illegal?
Utah, Minnesota, Nevada, Maryland, Indiana, California, Hawaii, and Arizona do not allow GPS devices or phones on the windshield.
5) What is the best place to put your phone in the car?
The windshield is considered the best place.
6) Do suction cups work on a dashboard?
Yes, they do, but they will make your phone very sticky.
As long as it is legal in your resident state, you shouldn’t hesitate from purchasing a good rear view mirror phone mount. It will help you navigate to your destination easily without distractions. All the aforementioned choices have been tested to work well and without problems. If you have any other suggestions that you’d like us to add to this list, please let us know.