Jeep Wranglers are among the best vehicles in America because of their versatility and durability. They are everyone’s choice! Back in time, we only had 2-door Jeep Wranglers, and then, backup cameras were not really essential. With the launch of 4-door vehicles, though, rearview cameras have become popular. All the new models, in fact, come with rearview cameras. The law has made it compulsory as a safety measure.
Best Rearview Camera for Jeep Wrangler
If your Jeep Wrangler does not have a rearview camera for some reason, though, you can always get an add-on. You can buy a good one no matter what your budget and needs may be. These cameras help you park safely without getting confused about maneuvering. Isn’t that just amazing? Every car owner must have this camera regardless of whether it is a law or not.
Now, let’s quickly take a look at our list of the best backup cameras in 2019 so that you have a clear answer and don’t worry about researching or ending up with the wrong product.
1. Alpine Electronics HCE-TCAM1-WRA Rear View Camera
Why shouldn’t we start with Amazon’s Choice! The Alpine Electronics rearview camera for Jeep Wranglers comes with a rear light system, providing you complete guidance for parking without hindrances. It is an extremely good product that many users love. Why do we say so? It is because of its many features, some of which we have listed below:
- It has a 3-in-1 design. This means you have a rearview camera, an LED third brake light, and reverse light.
- The reverse light has 7-inch housing (round).
- The camera is quite sturdy. It is resistant to dust and water.
- You can use an OEM lug nut to attach it to the spare tire mount. You can also choose an aftermarket wheel lock if you want to.
- It works perfectly well with the Alpine Jeep Wrangler Restyle dash system, in case you want a complete working system.
- It comes with a smart tire removal system.
- It is one of the more expensive options of rearview cameras out there, but it is definitely worth the price.
2. Reverse Backup Camera – RAAYOO L002 170-Degree Wide Angle Camera
If you are not keen on spending a lot of money on your backup camera, you can look at this very inexpensive option. It is simple and easy to use without any bells or whistles. It does its job well without making you worry about the price. Keep reading to explore its features:
- It has 2 installation options: flush mounting and bracket mounting.
- It is multi-functional. In other words, you can use it not just as a rearview camera but also as a front or side camera. In fact, you can buy a couple of these and create a complete safety system for your Jeep Wrangler!
- It shows customized scale lines to help you understand distance.
- Since it captures 170 degrees, it helps you see areas that you won’t be able to notice with your naked eye.
- It works with multiple types of vehicles, including minivans, cars, and mini-trucks.
- The manufacturers offer a 1-year warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee.
3. CRUX CCH-01S Jeep Wrangler Spare Tire Mount Backup Camera 2001-2017
The CRUX backup camera works seamlessly with a variety of vehicles, including the Jeep Wrangler. It has been made to specifically suit models from 2001 to 2017. These are the models that don’t already have a camera installed during purchase. Below are a few interesting features of this camera:
- It mounts on the spare tire mount and gives an OEM look.
- You can install it with the utmost ease. You just have to drill through the cap.
- The camera produces quite a good quality image.
- The wires are good as well, but a few users have said that the quality could be better.
- The kit comes with instructions that you can follow for installation. This makes it quite easy right from day 1.
- Remember that this is only for Jeep Wrangler models from 2001 to 2017. It may not work well with the 2018 models.
4. Pyle Backup Car Camera Rear View Mirror for Jeep Wrangler
Here’s another Amazon’s Choice product! The Pyle Backup Car Camera is so popular that you will be impressed! Here’s why:
- It has a 4.3-inch LCD display with a 170-degree adjustable angle, giving you a wider angle view.
- It is a complete system with a rearview mirror and screen monitor system, giving you A-Z assistance in parking and safety.
- It also has a night-vision that makes parking easy anytime!
- It has an OEM fit. You can mount it on the spare tire mount. Another option is to mount it to the license plate.
- It is waterproof.
- The screen displays safety distance lines, which are very handy and save us a lot of hassle.
5. EWAY Rear View Backup Cameras for Jeep Wrangler 2007-2018
We are ending the list on a high note with a very easy to afford. It has multiple features that you will enjoy using as you park your Jeep Wrangler. Let’s find out what they are:
- It has been designed specifically for models from 2007 to 2018. If you have any other Jeep Wrangler models, you may want to look at other options.
- It has an extra wide angle, allows a 150-degree view. It also has a CCD image sensor.
- The night vision feature allows you to park safely, even when there are no external lights.
- It is waterproof and shock-proof.
- It is anti-interference.
- It is resistant to extreme temperatures.
- We love the fact that you can install this camera with the utmost ease. You don’t need to drill holes or go through any troubles for it.
Now that you have a detailed list of rearview cameras for your Jeep Wrangler, all you have to do is to go through the features and price to make a choice! Trust us, you will be able to choose the best within minutes!
Once you make the decision, do not forget to tell us about your choice. It will help us understand what our users love! Happy purchasing!