You might know the importance of a right rear view mirror if you have just begun driving a car. We avoid things like rear view mirrors when we drive thinking that it comes installed already in the vehicle. But a lot of accidents are caused due to a broken or an improper rear view mirror. Rear-ending accidents are the most common ones.
An excellent and experienced driver knows that mirrors are essential for driving safe on the road. Think about getting stuck in the traffic and not able to see the rear view; there are chances you might take a reverse and damage your car. There are many options available today in panoramic rear view mirrors that give you a proper view of the traffic behind you. These mirrors have a larger viewing area compared to the rear view mirrors installed in your vehicles.
I have filtered out the best options for rearview mirrors, and you will be able to find the one that is suitable for you.
Best Panoramic Rear View Mirror
1. Fit System Clip-on Wide Angle Rear View Mirror
Fit system wide angle rear view mirror is the best rated rear view mirror. It can fit mostly all vehicles. These mirrors are recommended for mid-size and large vehicles. The wide angle rear view mirror helps in getting the wider field of view reducing the blind spots.
- The mirror has 18-inch wide angle and is a clip-on mirror which makes it hassle free to install.
- It has 17.75” viewing area which is recommended for vehicles.
- The glass is chrome plated and is shatter proof. It also reduces the glare.
- The reflective chrome layer is only coated on the front glass, thus reducing distortion.
- One major con of this mirror is it blocks the access to other mirror accessories such as map lights, compasses, controls etc.
- This mirror does not have a day/night switch.
2. CIPA Rearview Mirror
CIPA rear view mirror is an excellent mirror to replace your factory installed mirror. As this mirror is a day/night rearview mirror, it is helpful for people who drive late till night. It is also FMVSS approved. This mirror is one of the pocket-friendly mirrors in the market.
- The mirror is available in three sizes: 8”, 10” and 12”.
- It can fit every type of vehicle easily, and the installment is easy as it just needs a screwdriver to fix the mirror.
- The Day/Night manual switch in the mirror is effortless to operate and accessible for driving safely.
- It reduces the reflected light at the daytime making it convenient to drive.
- The price of this mirror is quite affordable.
- The mirror in 8’’ inch size is generally reported being too small for vehicles, so try to opt out for larger rear view mirror options available from the same manufacturer.
3. Broadway 300mm Flat Mirror
This mirror is one of the best consumer rated product available in the market. It is a 300 mm Type-a flat mirror. As it is a flat mirror, it produces pictures without any distortion. It also has the feature of giving you the two times brighter views as compared to the other rearview mirrors.
- This mirror’s installation is quite easy as it comes with clip-on.
- The mirror also reduces the glare and blind spots due to its coating on the front glass.
- It is a universal fit for almost all cars.
- The mirror is also scatter-proof and gives high-quality images.
- Some people want a more comprehensive view of the road, and this mirror is a flat mirror which doesn’t give that view. There are options for curved mirror also available; you can choose the one you need on your preferences.
4. 20/20 Vision Panoramic Rear View Mirror
This 20/20 vision panoramic rear view mirror has a 300 percent wider angle view than compared to other ordinary mirrors. It has a 17”wide mirror. A lot of people have recommended this mirror as it is effortless to view all the blind spots and it also reduces glare.
- This mirror is suited for all types of vehicles and can fit properly.
- As the viewing angle is extensive, it enables you in viewing everything that is behind you.
- It is effortless to mount and adjust.
- The mirror needs a surface to mount on such as a cardboard box.
- It is tricky to make adjustments according to your needs but once adjusted it becomes easy.
- The material of this rear view mirror is fragile.
5. PME 11.8″ Wide Blue Tinted Anti-Glare Curved Wide-Angle Panoramic Clip-on Rear View Mirror
PME blue tinted anti-glare rear view mirror is easy to mount as it comes with a clip-on. This smart mirror gives a panoramic view which helps in seeing the obstacles easily, making it easy to change lanes. This mirror also allows you to see children and pets on the backseat thus helping you while driving.
- This smart mirror has a 12’’/300mm curved design giving a wide-angle rearview mirror and minimizing the blind spots while driving.
- It has rubber clamps clips that prevent vibration and can fit all vehicles.
- The mirror gives excellent quality of pictures without any distortion.
- It is blue stained glass mirror with an anti-glare feature which makes it easy for people driving in day and night both.
- The blue tinted glass is not ideal for the rear view and doesn’t work well.
6. 16.5″ Extra Wide Panoramic Rear View Mirror
This mirror has a 16.5” full panoramic rear view mirror. As the mirror is curved, it allows in viewing everything behind you. You can see up to 150 degrees behind you. There is no need to look in the five panels to look at the rear view you can use a single mirror for seeing everything at the back. This mirror is quite durable and fits in the budget.
- This mirror is installed effortlessly with the help of two self-tapping screws which are provided along with the mirror.
- It can fit many golf carts such as Club car, Yamaha, etc
- The mirror is made up of real glass with a plastic ABS plastic rear housing.
- Once you fit this mirror, there are no adjustments needed as it gives a panoramic view without any distortion.
- This mirror needs a suitable surface to mount on like a plastic rib or a metal crossbar.
7. ELUTO Rear View Mirror Universal Rear View Mirror 8.46″(215mm)
This mirror has a non-slip solid ring design that helps in stabilizing the mirror. It also helps in preventing the mirror from shaking while driving thus providing a clear vision.
The size of the mirror is a perfect fit for most trucks, cars, SUV, etc.
- This mirror is very easy to install as it does not require any tool to install.
- The size of the mirror is 8.46” which is suitable for all the types of vehicles.
- It also has an adjustable buckle and mirror with 360 degrees of freedom allowing to make adjustments as per your needs.
- The mirror also eliminates the blind spot and helps in getting the perfect vision.
- It has a high-quality mirror that can give the panoramic view without any trouble.
- The mirror sometimes starts shaking due to bumps on the roads.
I hope this article helps you in deciding which panoramic rear view mirror is best suited for you. Rear view mirrors are essential and should not be neglected at all. Insurance companies charge a lot of money for installing a rear view mirror in your vehicle which you can save by installing it yourself.
And always remember, Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear!