The dashboard is quite a multi-functional place in a car. It serves many purposes including mounting the phone. To do this, though, you need a tough adhesive that can withstand weight, motion, and heat. Thankfully, there are many options for you to choose from, but we personally prefer mounting tapes.
Best Mounting Tape For Car Dashboard
Double-sided mounting tapes bring a lot of strength with them, and they are made of sturdy materials or components that help them hold the mount through harsh conditions. In this article, we will explore some of the best choices available today in this category.
Our experts have hand-picked a few great options to make the shopping process easy for you. All these recommendations come from reliable sources and are aimed at helping you choose the best.
1. Gorilla Heavy Duty Double-Sided Mounting Tape
Gorilla and adhesives are synonymous. The company manufactures various adhesives for different purposes including this double-sided tape for dashboards. Read on to learn more:
- This is an industrial strength adhesive tape. The manufacturers claim that it is the tough available mounting tape today.
- It has the ability to hold up to 30 lbs.
- It works wonderfully even in situations where typical adhesives don’t work.
- The tape has been coated with adhesive on each side for firm attachment.
- You can use it on smooth and rough surfaces alike.
- It works wonderfully on stone, ceramic, wood, plastic, glass, and brick.
2. 3M VHB Sticky Adhesive Pads Replacement Mounting Tape
3M is another name you will often hear when you speak of adhesives. This particular one lives up to that name. It is an Amazon’s Choice product and comes with many excellent features. A few of them are as follows:
- This set of 4 adhesive pads has a thickness of 1.5mm.
- Since the adhesive has been made specifically for the dashboard you can expect high performance from the get-go.
- The adhesive can stick to any flat hard surface from lockers to mirrors, bed post, refrigerators, and of course, dashboards.
- On the dashboard, you can use the pad to stick headphone holders, phone mounts, GPS mounts, and dash cams.
- It is temperature-resistant, which means that it can withstand hot and cold temperatures, both.
- It is waterproof.
3. Randconcept 3M VHB Adhesive Dashboard Pad
The third recommendation on our list is also an Amazon’s Choice product. It is from 3M and has a diameter of 3.74 inches. Let’s go through its features:
- The adhesive pad is suitable for dashboards and windshields.
- It is strong enough to hold phones and dash cams. In fact, you can use it for any suction cup accessory.
- You can also use it on a textured surface without problems.
- The adhesive is weather-proof, which means that it will do well in hot and cold temperatures.
- It has a PVC plate and an adhesive layer for added support and strength.
- Upon removal, you will see absolutely no adhesive residue left behind.
4. Very Strong Sticky Adhesive – VOLPORT
Whether it is for the windshield or the dashboard, this particular mounting tape will serve your purpose. Below are a few reasons why you should purchase it:
- This is a pack of 2 mounting tapes with universal compatibility. You can easily mount smartphones, suction cups, tablet stand, and dash cams, etc.
- They have a temperature resistance of up to 120 degrees C.
- The self-sticky gel is quite strong and big. It can withstand a decent amount of weight.
- Removal is straightforward because it does not leave any residue. It will also cause no damage to the dashboard.
- The stickiness is about 40% higher than average.
5. MGQFY 80mm Circular Double Side Sticker
This replacement adhesive is compatible with many mounts such as car mounts, dash cams, windshield pads, and suction cups. Below are reasons why you should consider buying it:
- The mounting tapes create a very strong bond on flat and textured surfaces.
- It has the ability to stick to various surfaces including wood, paper, fabrics, metal, plastic, and glass.
- It is easy to cut into any required size and use as needed.
- Upon removal, you will see no residue. Also, it will not damage the dashboard.
- The tape is completely waterproof and can withstand high temperatures.
People Also Ask
1.) How Do You Stick Things To Your Dashboard?
You can use an industrial strength mounting tape made specifically for car dashboards.
2.) Can You Use Hot Glue On A Dashboard?
Yes, you can.
3.) Does 3M Tape Stick To The Car?
Yes, it is strong enough to stick to cars.
4.) How Do I Get Double-Sided Tape Off My Dashboard?
Rubbing alcohol usually works well. A few adhesive tapes can come off with water. If it is a rough surface, you may also want to use a cloth.
5.) Is It Legal To Mount GPS On A Dashboard?
The laws vary from state to state. We advise you to check your state laws and abide by them.
We hope this article and our suggestions help you make an informed decision. All the options on our list are tried and tested, backed by a plethora of positive reviews. If you have any doubts or would like more advice, please let us know in the comments section.