Whether you are installing a new plastic car bumper or replacing an old one, you need an excellent, super-strong adhesive to help you. Otherwise, the bumper will fall off suddenly and create a whole new set of problems.
Best Glue for Plastic Car Bumpers
While buying an adhesive for plastic car bumpers, you must keep one thing in mind – it should be specifically for car bumpers. There are different types of adhesives for windows, interior parts, and exterior parts. These may not necessarily work for bumpers. Also, since bumpers may be made of different materials, you should particularly look at options that work well with plastic. Another important thing is to decide whether you need the seal to be permanent or temporary. Based on these two factors, you can make a choice.
To help you further, here’s a list of what we consider to be the best adhesives for plastic bumpers.
1. 3M 08235 Black Semi-Rigid Parts Repair
We have said it before, and we will say it again – 3M can never be ignored when we talk about adhesives. It is one of the most sought-after brands and manages to impress us every single time. The 3M semi-rigid parts repair glue will work like a charm for your plastic bumper. Here’s why we say so:
- It is a two-component urethane adhesive.
- It works on a variety of plastic automotive parts including bumpers and backside parts.
- The adhesive comes with dual-syringe cartridge systems for easy application.
- You can choose from 2 strengths based on your requirements. The Repair-1 strength is for small repairs while the Repair-3 strength is for medium-sized repairs.
- It is quite versatile, and you can use it even for other objects from boats to shoes.
2. THE GLUESMITH Extra Large Plastic Repair Glue and Filling Powders
The manufacturers say that The Gluesmith is superglue on steroids and we ended up believing that once we used it! It is extremely powerful and works wonderfully on a wide range of substances and things. Let’s find out more:
- It is an industrial adhesive with a non-clog cap for easy application.
- It has very little viscosity and has a watery consistency.
- The kit comes with instant glue and mixing powders.
- It works fast and can glue together multiple strong objects too.
- Along with plastic bumpers you can use the adhesive for wheel caps, auto emblems, headlights, carburetors, tabs, and rubber trims.
- You can also use it for household appliances and toys.
- The adhesive is strong enough to withstand being filed, sanded, tapped, painted, and drilled.
- It has a shelf-life of 2 years when stored in a cool place.
3. U-Pol Products 0727 Black Tiger Seal Adhesive/Sealant
This completely water-proof sealant is an excellent choice for small and immediate repairs. It also does well with windows and plastic car bumpers. Let’s look at what it has to offer:
- It is a permanent adhesive.
- It can seal plastic bumpers, body panels, windows, and lights.
- After it is cured, you can paint over it without problems.
- It can fill gaps with ease.
- It is easy to use. No problems there!
4. J-B Weld 50139 Plastic Bonder Body Panel Adhesive and Gap Filling Syringe
The name says it all! The J-B Weld Plastic Bonder is your answer for all plastic bonding needs. It is quite strong and works on multiple surfaces with the utmost ease. Please keep reading to learn why you should grab this one for your bumper:
- It is a urethane adhesive that sets quickly and provides long-lasting results.
- It is a 2-part adhesive.
- It works well on coated metals, concrete, thermoplastics, and carbon fiber composites.
- It can bond plastic to plastic and plastic to metal.
- It is very easy to use. You just have to mix the two adhesives in a 1:1 ratio.
- It sets in 15 minutes.
- It is a permanent adhesive.
- It also works as a gap filler.
- Once set, it is black in color.
- The J-B Weld adhesive is apt even for first-time users. You don’t need any expert guidance.
5. Amazing GOOP 160012 Automotive Adhesive
Your search for a versatile, long-lasting, and easy-to-use adhesive ends with the Amazing GOOP Automotive Adhesive. Made specifically for automobiles, it creates bonds that last. Here are some of its top features:
- You can use it on plastic bumpers, convertible tops, floor mats, car seats, windshields, and headlights.
- It bonds powerfully to seal screw connections and leaks in hoses.
- It insulates electrical wiring.
- It can also stick emblems and side molding strips.
- It can withstand up to 150 F temperature.
- It is a very strong single component adhesive that does wonders once applied.
- It can bond to plastic, vinyl, leather, glass, and metal.
We love all these adhesives, but we advise you to choose based on the type of car and bumper you have. You can also consider what else you would want to use the adhesive for and take a call accordingly.
What are you waiting for? Pick and stick now!