Only a car owner will understand the pain that a sagging headliner causes. It is annoying, to say the least, and can be a result of multiple factors such as overheating or poor maintenance.
A headliner is nothing but a fabric material that covers the ceiling’s interior. You may think that it is only there for visual appeal, but that’s not the case. A headliner is a very important part of a car because it insulates the car and provides protection. The visual enhancement is just a bonus cosmetic feature. So, if the headliner comes off, you may have issues with insulation, making your car ride quite uncomfortable. Thankfully, there’s an easy fix.
There are headliner and fabric adhesives that will help you seal your headliner back in place. The best ones work well because they are durable and work quickly. Remember to only buy a good one because bad quality headliner adhesives are more hassle than they worth. Confused? Don’t know where to find the best glue for a headliner? Read on, then! We have a list!
Best Glue for Headliner
1. 3M 38808 Headliner and Fabric Glue for Headliner
3M is one of the most popular names when it comes to automobile-related fixes. Its headliner and fabric adhesive is one of the reasons why. It is strong, durable, and works like a charm. Let’s learn more:
- It has exceptional strength and can bond heavyweight materials easily.
- You can use it to bond metal, plastic, foam, and fabric. In other words, it is highly versatile!
- It lets you dispense exactly how much you need thanks to the aerosol. No wastage whatsoever!
- Along with headliners and fabrics, you can use this adhesive for carpets in vehicles.
- The formula works fast, and in less than an hour, it will dry up!
- Also, it is resistant to humidity, moisture, and heat.
2. Permatex 27828 Body Shop Heavy Duty Headliner
The Permatex headliner adhesive is among the most popular choices with numerous positive reviews from users. It is a heavy-duty adhesive that does a great job in repairing headliners. What are its features? Here you go:
- It is a high-temperature spray adhesive.
- It has specifically been formulated to repair the interior parts of automobiles. It works especially well for headliners and carpets.
- It is water-resistant.
- It is weather-resistant.
- It dries clear and ensures that the end result is not messy.
- Along with headliners, you can use the Permatex adhesive for carpets, inside door panels, and trunk linings.
3. Heads Up Quick Fix Headliner Adhesive
Some products do complete justice to their name. The Heads Up Quick Fix Headliner Adhesive is an example of the same. It is quick and does its job neatly. Here’s more about it:
- The adhesive is specifically for high-heat applications.
- It has a multi-valve design that makes headliner repair easy.
- Be very careful while using it because it is a spray and you may end up with some on the windows. Since it dries very hard, you will have a tough time cleaning your windows later on.
- The aerosol can comes with very specific instructions that you should follow. It is not hard to use at all!
- A few users have said that it doesn’t last long, but that’s probably because the old liner was still there or the adhesive wasn’t applied correctly.
4. Niteo Headliner and Carpet Glue for Headliner
Niteo is another very effective headliner adhesive. It has a non-staining formula that makes it a great choice. What are its other features? Here they are:
- It is a 3-way adjustable spray.
- It does not have any chlorine.
- It offers superior water, temperature, and moisture resistance.
- It is a great adhesive not just for headliners but also for carpets and foams.
- You can use it with metal, plastic, leather, wood, and paper.
- Some people say that it does not last long, but many others are happy with the results. So, we advise you to choose a small can and give it a shot or just go with another safe option with much better reviews.
5. Loctite 2267077 Professional Performance Adhesive
The Loctite adhesive is a professional performance spray that works well indoors and outdoors. It creates an invisible bond, giving you a neat after-use look. You won’t find any stains or eyesores later on! Let’s learn more about it:
- It is resistant to high temperatures.
- It does not bubble.
- The makers recommend that you apply multiple coats for a better, stronger bond.
- You can use it on fabric, plastic, metal, glass, carpet, and wood.
- Don’t use it in a closed area.
- The can comes with instructions and warnings that you must take seriously for the safety of your car.
6. 3M Foam and Fabric Spray Glue for Headliner
You read it right! 3M has quite a few options when it comes to headliner adhesive. The 3M Foam and Fabric Spray is among the popular and best-selling ones. Why? Let’s go through its features to find out:
- As the name suggests, this adhesive is intended only for foam and fabric.
- It comes in an aerosol can and dispenses the adhesive in a lace-spray pattern.
- It is an industrial grade adhesive.
- It bonds very fast. The action begins within 30 seconds, and in half an hour, you will have the results.
- It is quite affordable, especially when compared to the others on the list.
7. Gorilla Heavy Duty Spray Adhesive Multipurpose
It is heavy-duty, and it dries permanently. It is highly reliable and is Amazon’s Choice! The Gorilla Spray Adhesive’s description sells itself! Want to know more? Keep reading:
- It is photo safe and non-yellowing.
- It comes with a wide pad and comfortable nozzle that allows easy application.
- You can use it to bond paper, leather, glass, metal, plastic, fabric, etc.
- It is water-resistant.
- It emits strong fumes. So, you should never use it in a closed space. Read all the instructions before you use it to be safe.
We hope this exhaustive list of the best glues for headliners help you make the right choice. If you think there are others that must be added to the list, please feel free to Comment.