Did you damage your side mirror? Believe it or not, you aren’t the only one. We believe the side mirror is the most easily damaged part of the car because it sticks out. The worst part is that it costs a lot to replace it.
Is your side mirror broken right now? Worried that you will have to spend too much to replace it? Don’t rush to that already. You could salvage it with strong glue. Some brands sell glue specifically for side mirrors, and they work wonders! We did the researching for you so that you pick from our list and buy the best glue for car side mirror instantly. Let’s get started:
Best Glue for Car Side Mirror
1. Liquid Nails Mirror Adhesive for Car Side Mirror
Easily affordable and easy to use, the Liquid Nails Mirror Adhesive is one of our favorites. It comes in a small 10 Oz. A tube that you can squeeze gently for usage. Here’s more about this glue:
- It is a paste.
- It is tan colored, but it won’t ruin the mirror!
- Yes, it has an odor. It will be a little strong in the beginning but will likely wear off with time.
- Once you apply the adhesive, you should keep the mirror clamped for around a week so that the adhesive really holds on to the mirror.
- It does not interact with the mirror.
- The adhesive is quite weather-resistant.
2. Loctite Glass Glue 2-Gram Tube Glue for Side Mirror
Extremely versatile and strong, the Loctite Glass Glue is also a very popular adhesive for side mirrors. The glue works quite well to hold the mirror in place for a very long time. Read more about it here:
- It is heat and water resistant.
- It bonds immediately and thus you don’t have to worry about waiting too long.
- It works on a variety of glass including tainted, opaque, clear, and brown.
- Once it dries, it is entirely crystal clear. This means you will not see anything on or around the mirror.
- It can bond glass to glass and glass to other materials.
3. UV Light Glue Kit Adhesive Liquid Plastic Welder
This is an Amazon’s Choice product. It is fast and versatile and is known to do wonders in bonding. Learn more about it right now:
- The brand claims that it can fix anything within 5-10 seconds.
- It is water-proof.
- It is heat-resistant.
- It is ideal for almost all surfaces including plastic, glass, fabric, steel, wood, jewelry and metal. The only catch is that it may not work for polypropylene plastics.
- It is a complete kit, which has a glue pen, a UV light, and alcohol prep pads.
- The UV light is for curing after application.
4. Gorilla Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive for Car Side Mirror
A construction grade adhesive is probably the best option you can pick to repair your car’s side mirror. It is so versatile that it can bond pretty much anything – outdoors and indoors! Excited about knowing more? Keep reading!
- It takes only 30 seconds to bond and stay in place. That makes it very quick!
- It is an excellent option for repairs and home improvement projects.
- It is weather-resistant.
- It is 100% adhesive with no additional solvent or water.
- It is paintable.
5. Permatex 85913 Clear RTV Silicone Adhesive Sealant
This product is for a general-purpose black RTV bond. It can be used for outdoor as well as indoor purposes. It is used to repair seals, mends and secures glass, metal, plastics, fabric, vinyl, weatherstripping, and vinyl tops. This Permatex sealant adhesive is the best for sealing automobile side mirrors as well as headlight, tail light & sidelight glass covers. Here’s more about this glue:
- It can be used on horizontal & vertical surfaces.
- This adhesive can withstand temperature ranging from -75 degrees Fahrenheit to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It makes the adhesive oil-resistant, water-resistant.
- It can also be used for electrical appliances to protect and repair electrical wiring.
- The application of this glue in automobiles is to repair windshields, door frames, electrical connections, seams, roofs, and vinyl tops.
- It can work at all weather conditions, small vibration, and grease coating applied to it.
- You will get the option of buying a pack of 12 Permatex sealants from which you can many bucks.
6. 3M 08008 Black 5 Fluid Ounces Automotive Adhesive
The 3M Black 5 Fluid Ounces Automotive Adhesive is designed to bond flexible materials such as rubber gaskets and weatherstripping on metal surfaces. It helps to provide tight waterproof seals on sunroofs, car doors, and much more. It provides flexibility and high-strength to the material. It repairs flexible materials such as tubes very fast. Read more about it here:
- This adhesive is heat resistant and can withstand small vibrations. Also, it doesn’t get affected when oils and detergents are applied to the repair.
- It comes with a special brush meant to spread the glue around the surface. It helps in reducing the time as well as reduces the wastage of glue.
- It is a universal adhesive that works on a variety of surfaces. The surfaces range from vinyl headliners, metal, glass, fabrics, including rubber.
- It requires 24 hours to repair the surface. After the repair, the surface becomes flexible like it was before.
- It can also be used for improving rubber gaskets, paper bonds, and side panels.
7. Amazing GOOP 160012 Automotive Glue for Car Side Mirror
As the name suggests, this adhesive glue is specially designed for automobile repairs. It is one of the strongest single component adhesives that bond the surface in a few seconds. It works on metals, glass, plastic, vinyl, and leather and seals convertible tops. Want to know more about this product? Then, continue reading.
- This glue can withstand temperatures up to 150 Fahrenheit.
- It can be used to fix car seats, mats, lights, mirrors, handles, etc.
- It maintains its bond to seal leaks in hoses and makes vibration-proof screw connections.
- For protecting battery terminals against corrosion, sealing windshields and headlights, this adhesive is more effective than silicone.
- You can stick the emblem and side molding strips of your car back to its place with the help of this glue.
Choosing the right glue is very crucial because cheap glue may cause the mirror to fall off within days. What’s more, it could also damage the reflective surface of the mirror. Avoid such hassle by choosing wisely.
We hope this list helps you make the right choice to fix your car’s side mirror. If you have any doubts or suggestions, please do not hesitate to comment!