Did you damage your side mirror? Believe it or not, you aren’t the only one. We believe the side mirror is the most easily damaged part of the car because it sticks out. The worst part is that it costs a lot to replace it.
Is your side mirror broken right now? Worried that you will have to spend too much to replace it? Don’t rush to that already. You could salvage it with strong glue. Some brands sell glue specifically for side mirrors, and they work wonders! We did the researching for you so that you pick from our list and buy the best glue for car side mirror instantly. Let’s get started:
Best Glue for Car Side Mirror
1. Liquid Nails Mirror Adhesive for Car Side Mirror
Easily affordable and easy to use, the Liquid Nails Mirror Adhesive is one of our favorites. It comes in a small 10 Oz. A tube that you can squeeze gently for usage. Here’s more about this glue:
- It is a paste.
- It is tan colored, but it won’t ruin the mirror!
- Yes, it has an odor. It will be a little strong in the beginning but will likely wear off with time.
- Once you apply the adhesive, you should keep the mirror clamped for around a week so that the adhesive really holds on to the mirror.
- It does not interact with the mirror.
- The adhesive is quite weather-resistant.
2. Loctite Glass Glue 2-Gram Tube Glue for Side Mirror
Extremely versatile and strong, the Loctite Glass Glue is also a very popular adhesive for side mirrors. The glue works quite well to hold the mirror in place for a very long time. Read more about it here:
- It is heat and water resistant.
- It bonds immediately and thus you don’t have to worry about waiting too long.
- It works on a variety of glass including tainted, opaque, clear, and brown.
- Once it dries, it is entirely crystal clear. This means you will not see anything on or around the mirror.
- It can bond glass to glass and glass to other materials.
3. UV Light Glue Kit Adhesive Liquid Plastic Welder
This is an Amazon’s Choice product. It is fast and versatile and is known to do wonders in bonding. Learn more about it right now:
- The brand claims that it can fix anything within 5-10 seconds.
- It is water-proof.
- It is heat-resistant.
- It is ideal for almost all surfaces including plastic, glass, fabric, steel, wood, jewelry and metal. The only catch is that it may not work for polypropylene plastics.
- It is a complete kit, which has a glue pen, a UV light, and alcohol prep pads.
- The UV light is for curing after application.
4. Gorilla Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive
A construction grade adhesive is probably the best option you can pick to repair your car’s side mirror. It is so versatile that it can bond pretty much anything – outdoors and indoors! Excited about knowing more? Keep reading!
- It takes only 30 seconds to bond and stay in place. That makes it very quick!
- It is an excellent option for repairs and home improvement projects.
- It is weather-resistant.
- It is 100% adhesive with no additional solvent or water.
- It is paintable.
Choosing the right glue is very crucial because cheap glue may cause the mirror to fall off within days. What’s more, it could also damage the reflective surface of the mirror. Avoid such hassle by choosing wisely.
We hope this list helps you make the right choice to fix your car’s side mirror. If you have any doubts or suggestions, please do not hesitate to comment!