Many brands are providing smart rear view camera mirrors nowadays which makes the buying task a little bit difficult. Most of the Android rear view mirrors come with some basic as well as advanced functionalities along with safety measures from the factory. So, it is advisable to choose the right kind of mirror for your car, because you are spending your money on it. Moreover, it helps to drive your vehicle safely and comfortably.
Here, I will be reviewing the top smart rear view mirrors available in the market. It will help you to make the right decision in the end. Let’s have a look at them.
Best Android Rear View Mirror
1. ZUMIMALL Dash Cam FHD Rear View Mirror
This dash cam rear view Android car mirror is ideal for those who drive in different conditions. This mirror from ZUMIMALL also comes with an off-line GPS Navigation with pre-installed north American maps of United States, Mexico, and Canada. You can contact the company for more maps of other locations.
Offerings of ZUMIMALL Dash Cam Android Rear View Mirror are:
- It has an Android 5.1 Lollipop system with a quad-core MT6735 1.3GHz A53 chip.
- The mirror has an inbuilt storage of 16GB and supports the resolution of 1280 x 480 pixels.
- Two cameras with two different angels will record and auto reverse the parking view for providing the safe parking line.
- The Bluetooth hands-free function will help you to connect it with your smartphone. It allows you to make or receive calls directly from the mirror itself.
- A few of other useful features include ‘ADAS Plus’ for safe & convenient driving, ‘FCWS’ for a possible forward collision warning, ‘LDWS’ for a lane departure warning and ‘FVMA’ for a leading vehicle sudden movement warning.
- In the box, you will get a dash cam mirror, rearview mirror with a 5M cable, one GPS module, one USB cable, one car DVR charger, one 32GB storage card, one car charger with two USB ports, two fixed buckles, two screws, and one user manual.
- You will get a two-year warranty from the company.
2. Podofo 4G Dash Cam Backup Android Camera DVR Rear View Mirror
Podofo provides a smart rearview mirror with an MTK6735 quad-core A53 processor on an Android 5.1 touchscreen system. Its dual camera will offer a simultaneous recording and reversing of the vehicle from multiple angles.
Let’s see the features of Podofo Android Rear View Mirror below:
- It has a 7.84” IPS touch screen with a 1080P Full HD (FHD) resolution.
- You can add a 4G SIM card into it for a fast Internet surfing facility. It supports network bands like LTE, WCDMA, and GSM900.
- The hands-free Bluetooth feature allows you to wirelessly connect it with your mobile device or car stereo for a music transfer and GPS navigation.
- When you put the gear in reverse mode, this DVR rear view monitor will switch to the backup camera viewing angle with a parking line which lets you comfortably reverse the car.
- The loop recording feature helps the camera to record the new video over the oldest recording on SD card to deal with insurance scams and hit & run drivers.
- The Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) night vision will help you to have a safe drive at nights.
- In the box, you will get a waterproof backup camera, a smart car rear view mirror, one USB cable, one car charger, two rubble rings, one BDS + GPS antenna, and one user manual.
3. ZUCZUG ShiZhen 4G Touch Car Dash Cam Rear View Reversing Mirror
From ZUCZUG, you will get an Android reversing camera rearview mirror with an 8” capacitive touch screen. It has a bracket installation design with a safe, quick, and stable installation process which keeps the car in its original styles.
Offerings of the ZUCZUG ShiZhen Rear View Reversing Mirror are:
- The useful alarm systems like ADAS Plus, LDWS, FCWS, and FVMA will keep driving safe and comfortable.
- With the help of the 4G SIM card and a WiFi router module, you will get a speedy Internet connection while driving.
- It supports ‘Car Assist’ mobile application to remotely monitor the driving path and surroundings of your car despite your current location.
- The two-night vision cameras with dual lenses simultaneously record from two different angles.
- In the box, you will get a smart mirror, one external GPS antenna, one rearview camera, one 3-meter power cord, one 6-meter rear extension cord, one 1# bracket, and one universal bracket.
4. DS18 SMARTEAGLE Rearview Smart Mirror
The smart rearview mirror from DS18 will help you to drive safe on the road and prevent any fraud against you by other drivers. This product comes with Android 4.4 fully loaded with a super fast quad-core processor. It comes with many useful features which help it to become a favorable choice for the car owners.
Let’s see the offerings of the DS18 SMARTEAGLE Rear-View Android Mirror:
- A G-sensor will automatically lock the current recording while it detects that the car has met with an accident.
- The 1080P 5-inch FHD capacitive touch screen comes with a GPS navigation and a reverse rearview function.
- It comes with an inbuilt speaker & Mic. It automatically shows the rearview camera when you reverse your car.
- The universal mount that comes in the package will help you to easily install it on the existing rear view mirror of your car.
- When the memory is full, it will overwrite the oldest video recording. You will have to delete the collision recordings manually though.
5. JUNSUN A930 WiFi Android Car Rear view Camera Mirror
The A930 JUNSUN wireless rear view mirror comes with Android 5.1 OS on a 10” full touchscreen. You will get all the functionalities of a smart mirror in this product that can help you to have a safe & comfortable drive always.
Let’s see what the JUNSUN A930 Android Rear view Mirror has to offer:
- With the excellent WDR & adjustable brightness, you will see crystal clear images in smooth streaming.
- It will automatically start the recording when someone near your car starts moving when any impact or collision is detected.
- The loop recording feature makes the device to overwrite on the oldest recording when the memory of the storage card is full.
- Its G-Sensor technology will save the camera lens in situations like a collision.
- The camera has a wide dynamic range which allows it to make the balanced footage for optimal performance in different environmental conditions.
- In the box, you will get one rear view car mirror, one car charger, one GPS module, one rear view camera, one data cable, two mounting straps, and one user manual.
This is a large, 12-inch, full screen Android Rear View that provides 1080p resolution. It has multiple features such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, music, GPS, and a dual lens. It works on Android 8.1 and has the following features
- The advanced rear view mirror works on the latest technology to follow its design curves and provide the complete picture to you. Its 2.5D glass covers the entire screen, ensuring that you miss nothing.
- The Android 8.1 mirror has 2+32 GB inner memory with a 1.4GHz processor. It also has a 2 GB RAM.
- It is compatible with multiple Android apps from the Google Play Store.
- It comes with an HD night vision camera and provides a triple wide view.
- It has 2-way Wi-Fi as well as 4G compatibility.
- The rear view mirror can capture videos from both sides.
- It also has an auto-reverse parking view to help you park with the utmost ease.
The EKLEVA Mirror Dash Cam also works on Android 8.1 with a 2 GB RAM and a 32 GB ROM. It comes with all the features you would expect from your rear view mirror such as Bluetooth, media streaming, Wi-Fi, GPS, and night vision. Please read on to find out more:
- The 1.4 GHz quad-core processor makes the device run smoothly and fast with more stability.
- It works on both 4G and Wi-Fi, enabling you to surf at any time.
- The Android rear view mirror comes equipped with advanced driving alarm systems that help drive safely.
- GPS navigation is available online as well as offline. You can install your preferred apps for the same.
- This is a touch-based model with a resolution of 1080p and an LED display.
- The video capture resolution is 1080p.
- It has Wi-Fi as well as Bluetooth for networking.
- It can also transmit sound via FM.
- GPS tracking with this mirror is quite smooth thanks to its extended GPS antenna.
- It comes with its own navigation app that’s quite reliable.
Buying guide for the Android rearview mirror
There are a few things which if you take into consideration, it can help you to get the real value for your money. Let’s have a look at those for a smart rearview car mirror.
You are buying a smart rearview camera mirror because you want to see top-quality images on that, right? Different cameras have different image qualities. The most affecting factor in the quality of the picture is the price. There are various kinds of mirror cameras available in the market with different budget ranges. You should look for the best camera quality that is available in your fund.
As I said earlier too that different brands provide different types of products with distinct functionalities. So, the choice depends on the functions you want. Are you going to rotate and change the sight of the camera mirror? Do you need a camera which can automatically capture the images without any manual button pressing? Do you want a complicated but advanced system with more security and reliability? Anything from this, but you surely want an easy to operate smart camera mirror for your vehicle, right?
Many brands provide some extra functionalities in the Android mirror cameras like WiFi accessibility, GPS navigation, audio features, etc. to appeal the modern users. Such things help to make a dynamic usage of the smart car mirror.
Any product that you buy from your hard earned money should be durable, and that also applies to a smart rear view mirror for your car. The camera mirror should be sturdy enough to withstand against odd situations like sudden drop or collision. A waterproof & shockproof mirror camera can be an ideal device in terms of durability.
Your budget is a critical factor for getting a worthy product. If you only want a primary rear view mirror with a few functionalities, then you will not need to pay much. But, the product with advanced and many features will undoubtedly come under a hefty cost. Set up your budget and look for the products available in that range. If you are getting a better or best product, then there is no harm in raising the bar slightly.
With a variety of car camera rear view Android mirrors available, it can be tricky to pick up the right product. That’s why I recommend you to go through this listing guide to get the real value for the money. The best rear view mirror camera is easy to install on your car windshield. Even some mirror cameras come with a mounting strap to stick them above your current rear view mirror.
The only barrier between you and the best Android rear view mirror is your budget and the specs that you can analyze in the product you are viewing. The mirror cameras mentioned above will surely enhance your driving safety and comfort. I hope this guide will help you in getting the best model in your budget.
Did this post helpful in any way? If you have any comments or if you want to add valuable information, then you can share your inputs in the below section.